Tuesday 21 January 2014

Feminine Hygiene Advertisements

My current brief I am designing a campaign for Femfresh intimate hygiene products. My aim is to make feminine hygiene products less of a taboo by using slang and feminine language to grab attention. Here are some advertisements that are somewhat crass but do make me laugh:



 


These are for playtex's "fresh+sexy" range and are causing a bit of a storm as they are being classed as crass and sexist. I personally think advertisements of the past are a lot worse:


For example lysol, this was marketed as a feminine hygiene product but was widely used as contraceptive before the pill was manufactured. This is the kind of thing I want to steer away from making feminine hygiene and reproductive health a taboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment