Friday 30 March 2012

Hospital reading


So I was admitted into hospital last weekend (I'm ok now, just resting) and to pass time I read a lot of the independant and came across this article, it's a really intresting read! I feel like I haven't posted anything meaningful in a while! Go check the link out, go go!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/a-new-serif-in-town-the-fonts-used-on-londons-signs-and-shops-have-an-army-of-fans-7594943.html

 and also http://www.londontypographica.com Carlisle could have one of these as well, we have some typography gems and not all good.

Both sites are worth a look.

Ever had the feeling when you are ordered to relax and rest that your body has other ideas? I was so restless being on "bed rest" I actually reordered my book collection. My collection has doubled since coming to University, a lot of these books are direct recommendations from my tutors ongoing from year 0 - 1.


Recommended reading: the a-z of visual ideas (I love this one), thinking with type, Looking Sideways, It's not how good you are, It's how good you want to be (pff one day this book will hopefully rub off on me, still a good read regardless).

No comments:

Post a Comment